Applications are open for the UNESCO-TWAS – COMSTECH Science in Exile PhD/Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022. UNESCO-TWAS has partnered with the Ministerial Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (COMSTECH) for the UNESCO-TWAS – COMSTECH Science in Exile Fellowship.
The Fellowship Program aims to provide displaced and refugee scientists who have not yet found a safe and long-term host country to pursue doctoral studies or postdoctoral studies in Pakistan, at institutions members of the COMSTECH Consortium of Excellence (CCoE), starting in 2022.
- Applicant must be displaced or refugee scholars and scientists.
- They must be currently living in Pakistan and holding the right to live and study in the country, OR able to travel to Pakistan. Please note that the Program is not suitable for scholars at risk who need specific assistance to leave their home country. Awardees are responsible for arranging the logistics and safety of their own relocation. Please note there is only a very small number of competitive travel bursaries available.
- Doctoral candidates must hold a Master’s Degree as well as a Bachelors in the field of natural sciences, applied sciences, engineering and technology, health sciences, software engineering and computer.
- Postdoctoral candidates must hold a PhD in the field of natural sciences, applied sciences, engineering and technology, health sciences, software engineering and computer.
In the evaluation of the applications, priority will be given to applicants who:
- demonstrate scientific excellence and high academic merit.
- demonstrate high humanitarian need.
- have experienced gender-based discrimination.
- demonstrate interest in rebuilding the scientific infrastructure of their home countries.
- are nationals of Afghanistan, Syria or Yemen.
Before the deadline, applicants must:
- Complete the online application form in English: Phd Form | PostDoctoral Form
- Send an email with the requested documents to [email protected] and [email protected] (please keep both addresses in your correspondence). Subject line must be “Application UNESCO-TWAS – COMSTECH Science in Exile Fellowships_PhD” for PhD candidates and “Application UNESCO-TWAS – COMSTECH Science in Exile Fellowships_Postdoctoral” for PostDoc candidates.
For more information, visit TWAS-COMSTECH Fellowship.